We’ve produced our first video!! You can view it here. I’ve shared a 5 step facial that you can do at home with products found in your pantry and refrigerator. Check the bottom of the page for the benefits of each ingredient.
Step 1 – Cleanse
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apricot kernel oil
Massage onto damp skin and rinse with warm water.
Step 2 – Exfoliate
- 1/2 banana
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
Massage onto face and neck. Rinse with warm water.
Step 3 – Steam
Fill a boil with boiling water. Drape a towel over your head so that it creates a stent over your face, and hold your face over the water. Keep your face over the steam for about 5 minutes. Close your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing the heat to awaken your face and open your pores.To make it special add some essential oils.
- Use peppermint for an energizing steam.
- Use lavender for a relaxing steam.
- Use eucalyptus for a cold-conquering steam.
Step 4 – Mask
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric (optional as it can stain the skin)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coffee
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
Apply with cotton pad and allow to dry for 5 minutes. Rise with warm water.
Step 5 – Tone
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
Apply to face with cotton pad.
Step 6 – Moisturize
Apply your favorite moisturizer.
Ingredients and their benefits
- Aloe Vera – Provides wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Also heals chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema.
- Raw Honey – Naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. Great for aging and complexion boost.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – Contains vitamin A and E, which soothes the skin and slows signs of aging.
- Banana – Skin moisturizing, anti-aging and lightens dark spots.
- Brown Sugar – Gentle exfoliant that will scrub away dead skin cells.
- Tumeric – Provides antiseptic and antibacterial properties that fight pimples and breakouts.
- Coconut Oil – Naturally antibacterial and antifungal, and an excellent moisturizer.
- Coffee – Skin softening, tightening and and brightening.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.